Sunday, April 30, 2006

Potatoes and Parsnips in Four Cheese Herb Sauce

OH.MY.GOSH!!

I made the most delicious sauce today!
Seriously, I almost cried.

  • 1 sweet onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 medium potatoes, sliced
  • 2 parsnips, chopped
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 3 TBS butter
  • 1/8-1/4 cup flour
  • 1 pint half-n-half
  • 2 TBS thyme
  • 2 TBS Italian four cheese mix
  • salt & pepper


Saute the onion in olive oil over medium heat. When the onion is about half cooked, add garlic. Add butter, be careful to monitor heat so that the butter melts but doesn't burn. Once it is melted, mix in enough flour to make a paste. Mix in half and half, thyme, four cheese mix and sea salt and pepper.

O.M.G!! It was YUMMMMMY!!! I wanted to eat it right then.

Place potatoes and parsnips in a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and parsnips mixed it in, and bake the whole thing at 350F for an hour.

It was delicious!! I will definitely make this again. My son and husband weren't so sure about the parsnips (although they each had two huge servings), so I may omit them in the future. I think they just weren't expecting them.

In any case, I definitely have big plans for that sauce!

No comments: