Sunday, April 30, 2006

Grilled Salmon


  • Salmon fillet
  • Sea salt
  • Pepper
  • Red wine (cabernet shiraz),
  • Sprinkling of cayenne pepper
While the grill is heating up, pour the wine over the fish and sprinkle the salt and peppers on the fish. Let set until grill is hot.


I have never grilled fish before, and I thought that the fish would get flaky and fall through the grill. So initially I had covered the grill in tinfoil. That didn't seem to work well for flipping the fish, so I tore it off. And you know what? The fish never stuck or started to fall apart - it was beautiful.

I grilled them on both sides until the fish was opaque all the way through. I think it was less than twenty, maybe less than fifteen, minutes total grilling time.

They were delicious! I had a small piece and my husband had a piece, and my son ate this whole plateful that you see here in the picture. He said it was the best fish that he had ever eaten. I would make this again.

No comments: