And sure enough, the very next time that we went grocery shopping after having the kabobs, there was a sale.
I was planning on doing the Marmarumalade marinade but, alas, the Captain was on vacation. But I did have a half bottle of Malibu (stop that snickering - it's good stuff!) so I decided to do a Piña Colada marinade.
- get a large bowl
- cut the chicken into skewerable pieces and place in the bowl
- pour the Malibu in until the chicken is covered half way
- pour thawed pineapple juice concentrate in until the chicken is covered
- let marinade for 20-30 minutes, stirring every so often
- skewer the chicken and selected veggies
- and then grill!
We did one package of chicken in the Piña Colada marinade and one package in an Asian pepper sauce marinade. The Piña Colada Kabobas were great hot, but weren't quite as good once they cooled off. The Asian Pepper Kabobs were good either hot or cooled. I think that the Piña Colada Kabobas could be better with a little tweaking - like maybe coating with grated coconut, using a little brown or demerara sugar, or adding a little cayenne pepper to the marinade.