Thursday, September 24, 2009

Grilled Portabella & Pastrami Sandwich

  • Pastrami (I used turkey pastrami)
  • Portabella mushroom cap
  • Mozzarella cheese (I used shredded, you could also use very thin slices)
  • 2 slices of bread
  • Butter
  • 1/2 TBS Olive oil
  • Fresh rosemary
Fry the pastrami and portabello in olive oil and rosemary. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle a little cheese on one unbuttered side, lay on the fried pastrami, sprinkle a little more cheese, lay on the portabello, sprinkle little more cheese, add the second piece of bread buttered side out. Set the sandwich in the hot pan to grill both sides.

My son was so excited about this sandwich he had almost half of it gone before I could even take a picture! Two thumbs up from my teen. He reluctantly gave me a taste as well, and I agree it is a keeper.

2 comments:

Robin, David, Simon and Leo said...

Hi Sylvana, Vegetable Matter here. Sumac is sold as a dried spice, and it's really popular in Middle Eastern cooking. It is from the plant, and it's got a nice smoky flavor. You should definitely give it a try. Thanks for your comment!
Cheers.

Sylvana said...

Thanks Vegetable Matter! I've never seen it in the stores, but I will be looking for it now.