Sunday, February 12, 2006

Marmarumalade Chicken

Today I was inspired by the large quantities of clemetines that were left over from when I had a cold and the marmalade that I made with some of them for my son the other day. I thought the marmalade would go very well with chicken, so I devised a recipe to bring the two together.


  • 1 whole chicken
  • 8 clementine sliced thinly
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice or 1 thinly sliced lemon
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups spiced rum
  • 2-3 TBS cilantro - fresh or dried
  • 2/3 of a can of apple/passion/mango juice concentrate

  • In a large bowl, mix everything but the chicken. Place the chicken in this marmarumalade(by the way, my clever husband came up with that name. I like to name my dishes fun names, and I think that name fit well). Marinade for about 20 minutes. Flip the chicken over and marinade for another 20 minutes.

    Then it was into my clay pot cooker. I stuffed the chicken with the sliced clemetines and poured the marinade into the cooker.

    I let it cook in a 450 degree oven for about an hour and twenty minutes.

    It came out a little crispier than I had intended but the clay pot cooker did its job of keeping the chicken moist, and it was DELICIOUS!!


    I would definitely make this again!

    No comments: