Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits


This is my own recipe. I usually look at a bunch of different recipes trying to decide which one I will make, and in the end I just wing it.

  • 1/4 cup bulghur wheat
  • 2 1/2 cups flour (or more as needed)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3-2/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 cup flax seed
  • 1/8 cup vegetable protein
  • 1/8 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2-3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups boiling water

Mix all this together. It should resemble bread dough. Add more flour if it is too sticky. Roll out onto floured area and cut the dough into desired sizes and shapes. I had bone shaped cookie cutters, but your dog really isn't going to care what they look like. You could just cut them into strips.

They should be baked in a 325 degree oven for about 40-60 minutes. They will be dry and hard when done. Cool and store in a non-airtight container.

My dogs highly approved!! Four paws!

No comments: