So, although I was going to do a stroganoff or an Alfredo, I opted for a simple cream sauce. I basically went out to my garden and pulled what was available.
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1-2 TBS garlic chives, chopped - whites and greens
- 1-2 TBS chives, chopped
- Small leek, chopped - whites and tender greens
- A few rosemary leaves, chopped (or a pinch of ground rosemary)
- 1/3 cup (or more) morel mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 TBS flour
- 1/2-1 cup cream or half-n-half - enough to get consistency you want
- Sea salt
|Saute the chives and leeks.||Add mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are fully cooked.|
|Sprinkle in the flour and mix well.||Pour in cream/half-n-half a little at a time and mix well. You want to dissolve all the flour into the liquids.|
I used this over egg noodles. It was delicious!!
The sauce was mild enough that the three mushrooms I used easily held their own. If you want to add a little more spice, like thyme or convert it to a stroganoff by adding sour cream, or an Alfredo by adding some Parmesan; I would add more morels. Heck, if I had had them, I would have added more anyway :)